[Intel-gfx] Question about driver capatibilities - triple monitor?

"Kristóf, Csillag" csillag.kristof at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 22:56:54 CET 2013

At 2013-01-23 13:02, Daniel Vetter wrote:
>   Maybe the easiest way is to shoot for a
> board with 2x HDMI or DP in total, since you can always use a passive
> HDMI->DP dongle to drive the DP port in HDMI mode. But even just
> finding boards with 3x digital output seems to be hard.
So, just to make sure that I get it right (before I actually start
buying stuff): if I
- get a board like the Intel DH77DF, which has DP+HDMI+DVI, and
- connect 2 identical monitors to the DP and the HDMI ports, and
- connect a 3rd monitor to the DVI port,

then it's supposed to give me a desktop spanning 3 monitors?

I am using DVI monitors, so I guess I will need a passive DP -> DVI
adapter and a passive HDMI -> DVI adapter.
Is that right?

Thank you for explaining:

    Kristof