[Intel-gfx] Suspend/resume problems on Broadwell

phoebe at quasiparticle.net phoebe at quasiparticle.net
Fri Feb 27 09:27:04 PST 2015

On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 00:07:41 +0100, phoebe at quasiparticle.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having a few problems with i915 on my Broadwell Thinkpad
> (T450s, i7-5600U) with kernel 3.19, apparently suspend/resume related.
[…]
> Also, it seems that running or having run a GL application has some
> impact on this. With an instance of glxgears running during
> suspend/resume, this doesn't seem to happen. Moreover, running a GL
> app seems to fix the problem.

Correction: running a GL app during suspend/resume prevents bad things
(and the "timed out trying to stop ring" error, apparently). Running GL
after resume only partly restores original state, sometimes font
rendering is broken for random characters - they just don't display
anymore. It also seems that only one font and only one size of that one
font is affected. I'm guessing that's a problem in X, perhaps?