[Intel-gfx] Suspend/resume problems on Broadwell

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Fri Feb 27 09:59:07 PST 2015

Smells like something is wrong in bdw-land.

Can you please retest with latest drm-intel-nightly from
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/drm-intel or alternatively 4.0-rc kernels?
Starting with 4.0 we're using the execlist cmd submission support,
which might help.

Thanks, Daniel

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 6:27 PM,  <phoebe at quasiparticle.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2015 00:07:41 +0100, phoebe at quasiparticle.net wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having a few problems with i915 on my Broadwell Thinkpad
>> (T450s, i7-5600U) with kernel 3.19, apparently suspend/resume related.
> […]
>> Also, it seems that running or having run a GL application has some
>> impact on this. With an instance of glxgears running during
>> suspend/resume, this doesn't seem to happen. Moreover, running a GL
>> app seems to fix the problem.
>
> Correction: running a GL app during suspend/resume prevents bad things
> (and the "timed out trying to stop ring" error, apparently). Running GL
> after resume only partly restores original state, sometimes font
> rendering is broken for random characters - they just don't display
> anymore. It also seems that only one font and only one size of that one
> font is affected. I'm guessing that's a problem in X, perhaps?
>
>> Is this known already, or can I somehow help to fix this?
>>

>> Greetings,
>> Phoebe

Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch