[LDTP-Dev] setappmap is not working (NameError: name 'setappmap' is not defined()

Mauricio Lin mauriciolin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 21:27:40 PST 2005

Hi Premkumar,

On 11/11/05, Premkumar Jothimani <prem.jothimani at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Mauricio,
>
> I got the point. But I am puzzled as why setcontext does not work (!!?!).
>
> Also I am worried that you will have to send the
> advanced-linux-programming.pdf file along with your map file for things to
> work as your map file expects that file to be opened initially. I dont think
> it is such a good idea. An alternative solution would be to generate the map
> file with none of the files open and use remap() at runtime. This would make
> the map file look logical and simple.

The problem is if you generate a map file (first map file) from a gpdf with
no files loaded, gpdf does not display many widgets (buttons, menus) and
then map file does not contain these widgets names.

By other hand, if you generate a map file (second map file) from a gdpf with
a file loaded as for instance advanced-linux-programming.pdf, your map file
probably will contain more widgets.

So the two map files are not so similar, since there are more widgets names
presented on the second map file.

If I remap at runtime I have to know in advance the name of widgets that are
not presented on the first map file, right?

How can I know these widgets names in advance if the first map file does not
present them?

Try to generate 2 map files, the first one just open the gpdf and appmap the
application and the last one open gpdf with some pdf file and appmap the
application. Compare these 2 map files and you can check they are different.

I checked the remap function description, but how can I access dynamically
created widgets if I do not know their names in advance?

BR,

Mauricio Lin.

Regards