[LDTP-Dev] About waittillguiexist() function

Mauricio Lin mauriciolin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 08:25:08 PST 2005

Hi all,

I ha used waittillguiexist() function often and I noticed a strange
behaviour after testing this function many times.

Look the snippet of code:

if waittillguiexist('dlgLoadfile'):
        selectrow('dlgLoadfile', 'tblFiles', 'pdf_files')

This code works, but sometimes it fails and the following message is
displayed on my terminal:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./gpdf_1.py", line 18, in ?
    selectrow('dlgLoadfile', 'tblFiles', 'pdf_files')
ldtp.error: unknown - not yet implemented ldtp.c 714 command: 234

So if I change the code as:

if waittillguiexist('dlgLoadfile'):
    wait(1)
    selectrow('dlgLoadfile', 'tblFiles', 'pdf_files')

It works without error. I guess even waittillguiexist() waits for the
window, sometimes it is not able to wait enough for the window to appear.

Is it normal?

BR,

Mauricio Lin.