[LDTP-Dev] grabfocus() ???

Nagappan A nagappan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 10:36:08 PDT 2008

Hi Ara,

The issue is because of underlying at-spi. It doesn't bring the window to
focus. Probably we can plan implementing to bring a window to focus based on
some GUI object in that window. Something like grab the focus based on push
button / menu item etc.

Thanks
Nagappan

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Ara Pulido <ara at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hello!!
>
> Is anybody having any luck in getting grabfocus() working? Every time I
> use it I am getting this error:
>
> 86 (frmLiferea)
> Send packet <?xml
>
> version="1.0"?><REQUEST><ACTION>86</ACTION><ID>MainThread86</ID><CONTEXT>frmLiferea</CONTEXT></REQUEST>
> *** Unable to grab focus
> Received packet size 153
> Received response Packet <?xml version="1.0"
> encoding="utf-8"?><RESPONSE><ID>MainThread86</ID><STATUS><CODE>-940</CODE><MESSAGE>Unable
> to grab focus</MESSAGE></STATUS></RESPONSE>
>

> If I try to access any of the menus of the required window, it works,
> but the grabfocus is not working at all.
>
> I am using LDTP 1.2.
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Regards,
> Ara.

Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com