[LDTP-Dev] Accessing Java Applet within Firefox

Bradford Smith bradford.carl.smith at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 08:22:03 PDT 2008

Hi, guys.

I need to automate testing for a Java applet accessed through Firefox. Can
anyone tell me how to find out the window name to use to access the applet?
When I do getobjectinfo() on the name of the Firefox window, I don't seem to
be getting any of the applet components in the list.

Also, can anyone tell me what getapplist() is good for? Although the
documentation says it returns window titles, the returned strings don't seem
to work with getobjectlist().  Is there some way to use a string returned by
getapplist() to get a list of the actual titles of windows belonging to that
application?

Is there some way to get a list of all window titles?  I would expect
getwindowlist() to do this, but it just seems to list windows whose
information has been cached in ldtp due to previous accesses to it with
getobjectlist() or other routines.

Thanks,

Bradford C. Smith