[LDTP-Dev] Accessing Java Applet within Firefox

Bradford Smith bradford.carl.smith at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 06:07:02 PDT 2008

Thanks for the advice, Nagappan.

Unfortunately, Selenium can't handle Java applets.  I had hoped that since
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/wiki/ says LDTP works with "any Java application
(should have a UI based on swing)", that I could use it with the swing-based
applet I need to test.

Since the applet does create some windows that appear outside of the
browser, I tried creating one and passing its title to getobjectlist().
Unfortunately, I got a 'window doesn't exist' error.  If LDTP can "see"
windows created by regular swing-based Java applications, why can't it see
these?  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bradford