[LDTP-Dev] Accessing Java Applet within Firefox

Nagappan A nagappan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 10:47:28 PDT 2008

Hello Smith,

Guess you are using Firefox 3.0 !?! Not sure, how well accessibility support
is available for applets inside rendering region. I suggest to try with
selenium for the rendering region and anything related to Window management,
you can use LDTP. Selenium doesn't support them.

getapplist function just returns the list of application name as per
accessibility info. getwindowlist, should return all the available windows,
but the existing implementation just returns what ever available in internal
hashtable. Will consider doing the first (soon).

Thanks
Nagappan

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 8:22 AM, Bradford Smith <
bradford.carl.smith at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, guys.
>
> I need to automate testing for a Java applet accessed through Firefox. Can
> anyone tell me how to find out the window name to use to access the applet?
> When I do getobjectinfo() on the name of the Firefox window, I don't seem to
> be getting any of the applet components in the list.
>
> Also, can anyone tell me what getapplist() is good for? Although the
> documentation says it returns window titles, the returned strings don't seem
> to work with getobjectlist().  Is there some way to use a string returned by
> getapplist() to get a list of the actual titles of windows belonging to that
> application?
>
> Is there some way to get a list of all window titles?  I would expect
> getwindowlist() to do this, but it just seems to list windows whose
> information has been cached in ldtp due to previous accesses to it with
> getobjectlist() or other routines.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bradford C. Smith

Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com