[LDTP-Dev] The strangest error

Nagappan A nagappan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 18:26:43 PDT 2008

Hi Ara,

Found the issue, seems there were two instance of applet.py running and the
first instance doesn't have any window, LDTP tries to poke the first
instance and just complains that window doesn't exist. Have fixed in my
local copy. Will update the GIT by end of the day.

Thanks
Nagappan

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 5:24 AM, Ara Pulido <ara at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I have the strangest error, ever.
>
> In Gnome there is an applet, system-config-printer-applet, which is
> provided in Ubuntu (and I guess in Debian as well) by
> system-config-printer-gnome package.
>
> If I try to script something that just opens the application and waits
> for existance, it works perfectly well in Intrepid Alpha-1. It didn't
> work in Hardy, but it works in Intrepid Alpha-1.
>
> The strange thing is that for Intrepid Alpha-6 it does not work, and the
> LDTP version and AT-SPI version are the same.
>
> Intrepid Alpha-6 is now in the Ubuntu repositories [1]
>
> I have uploaded Alpha-1 to a temporal repository [2], just in case you
> want to investigate any further.
>
> Can anyone give me some directions to debug this?
>
> What I have done:
>
> 1) Install alpha-1 ISO (you can use virtualbox)
> 2) sudo apt-get update
> 3) sudo apt-get install ldtp python-ldtp at-poke
> 4) Run script
>
> For alpha 1 it runs correctly, but in alpha 6 it gives a window not
> found error:
>
> window_name: frmDocumentPrintStatus(myjobs)
> Search window name: frmDocumentPrint Status(myjobs) - Document Print
> Status (my jobs) - frmDocumentPrintStatus(myjobs)
> ldtp-gui.c - 1247 - Window frmDocumentPrint Status(myjobs) not open
> Unable to update context: frmDocumentPrint Status(myjobs) in appmap
> resp_len = 117
> Sending..
> 152
> Response packet: <?xml version="1.0"
> encoding="utf-8"?><RESPONSE><ID>MainThread119</ID><STATUS><CODE>-846</CODE><MESSAGE>GUI
> does not exist</MESSAGE></STATUS></RESPONSE>
> Msg:
> Bytes sent: 156
> *** GUI does not exist
> Received packet size 152
> Received response Packet <?xml version="1.0"
> encoding="utf-8"?><RESPONSE><ID>MainThread119</ID><STATUS><CODE>-846</CODE><MESSAGE>GUI
> does not exist</MESSAGE></STATUS></RESPONSE>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "kk.py", line 16, in <module>
>    open_and_check_menu_item(mnuItem, wName)
>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ubuntutesting/ubuntu.py", line
> 54, in open_and_check_menu_item
>    raise LdtpExecutionError, "The " + window_title_txt + " window was
> not found."
> ldtplib.ldtplibutils.LdtpExecutionError: 'The frmDocumentPrint
> Status(myjobs) window was not found.'
>
> If I update the system-config-printer-gnome in alpha 1 is still working
> correctly :-S, but if I upgrade the complete system is start failing.
> Which other packages should I be looking into?
>
> The script is the same for both versions:
>

> from ooldtp import *
> from ldtp import *
> from ldtputils import *
>
> try:
>
>    mnuItem = "Manage Print Jobs"
>    wName = "frmDocumentPrint Status(myjobs)"
>
>    topPanel = context('frmTopExpandedEdgePanel')

> [...]

Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com