[LDTP-Dev] Way to distinguish between menu items

Nagappan Alagappan nagappan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 20:20:15 PDT 2009

Hi Ara,

When I tried with Pidgin, I noticed the first menu item (which is in default
system menu) was listed as 'mnuPidginInternetMessenger' and the one under
indicator-applet is displayed as 'mnuPidginInternetMessenger1', is that fine
?

So, you can use them as:

doesmenuitemexist('frmTopExpandedEdgePanel', 'mnuPidginInternetMessenger')
doesmenuitemexist('frmTopExpandedEdgePanel', 'mnuPidginInternetMessenger1')

Drawback here is, you will not be able to use with hierarchy.

Thanks
Nagappan

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 5:01 AM, Ara Pulido <ara at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to write a test to check that if a menu item exists or not
> in the top panel. The problem is that the name is exactly the same that
> another one in the top panel that always exists.
>
> This is the structure:
>
> First match (always there):
>
> TOP PANEL
> -----> Applications
> ------------> Internet
> -------------------> Evolution Mail
>

> Second match (not always there and the one we want to check in the test):
>
> TOP PANEL
> ------> Embedded componet (embindicator-applet)
> ---------------> Evolution Mail
>

> The problem is that using doesmenuitemexists always returns 1, because
> it matches with the first one.
>
> Using invokemenu does not help, as it invokes the context menu of the
> embedded component, not the normal menu.
>
> Any ideas how to make this difference?
>
> Thanks,
> Ara.

Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com