[LDTP-Dev] LDTPeditor / guiexit undefined

Nagappan Alagappan nagappan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 19:46:46 PDT 2009

Hello Sathiyadev,

Comments inline.

Thanks
Nagappan

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 6:12 AM, sathiya dev thangasamy <
sathiyadev at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi ,
>
> I am facing some diffcultied could you please help me in solving the issues
> ?
>
>  1) Ldtpeditor outputs the following error when preference tab is selected
>
>    /usr/local/bin/ldtpeditor", line 262, in preferenceClicked
>     for param, value in prefDic.iteritems ():
>    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'iteritems'
>
>    because of the above issue i cannot able view wheather mouse event is
> selected or not.

Guess this is a bug in LDTP editor. Can you file a bug and also the scenario
you tried ? http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/wiki/Bugs

>  2) when i try to explore through python script i found following issues
>

>     Traceback (most recent call last):
>      File "./sample2.py", line 6, in ?
>      new=guiexit ('Catalyst Control Center')
>     NameError: name 'guiexit' is not defined

There is no such API exist. Guess you are interested in using guiexist or
waittillguinotexist ? Refer to the online documentation -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/user-doc/index.html

> Note:
> -----
>
>  OS used : RHEL 5.2_32 bit
>  Desktop Manager : GNOME
>  LDTP Version : 1.4.0

You are using older version of LDTP. Can you try using latest LDTP binary
from http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/anagappan/ ?

--
Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org