[LDTP-Dev] LDPT over ATSPI-dbus support

Nagappan A nalagappan at vmware.com
Wed Sep 16 20:37:05 PDT 2009

Hi Shuang,

Wan, Shuang wrote:

> Hi Nagappan,
>

>          I am working on Moblin2 UI testing automation, we are looking
> for a mature tool can be used to automate our UI testing. LDTP seems a
> good choice for us. Actually we had a talk 8 months ago if LDTP will
> support the atspi-dbus. Seems now is a good time to refresh the topic
> again since we demonstrated the ATSPI-dbus is workable on Moblin2
> after a long wait (Moblin2 is purely DBUS based) :)

Good to hear this :) I'm very excited !!!

> I see the pyatspi is the first implemented atspi-dbus language binding
> and also noticed that someone is trying to rewrite LDTP core using
> python. So my question is if this migration contains the atspi-dbus
> supporting work or simply to say removing bonobo dependence? And also
> do you have any approximate plan when to release it?

Yes Eitan Isaacson rewrote LDTPv2 using pyatspi and its available
through git [1] for now. In VMware, we are testing LDTPv2 (pyatspi) is
working fine with our VMware Workstation and Player automated scripts
which was done using LDTPv1 (at-cspi). I'm making necessary fixes, so
that it will be completely compatible with LDTPv1.

Thanks
Nagappan

[1] - http://cgit.freedesktop.org/ldtp/ldtp2/

--