[LDTP-Dev] about "Unable to find window"

Nagappan Alagappan nagappan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 14:48:57 PDT 2012

Hi Esolve,

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 1:03 PM, esolve esolve <esolvepolito at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have 2 laptop A and B, A is with fedora 16 and 64bit, B is with fedora
> 16 and i686
>
>   I'm using a modified firefox called Tor browser bundle.
>
>   for firefox, on both A and B , I can use selectmenuitem ('*Firefox',
> 'mnuTools;Add-ons') successfully
>
>   for the modified firefox, the window title is "Tor Browser Start Page -
> Tor Browser"
>
>   I use selectmenuitem ('*Browser', 'mnuTools;Add-ons') successfully on A,
>
>   but on B
>
>   >>> selectmenuitem ('*Browser','mnuTools;Add-ons'
> )
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ldtp/client.py", line 69, in
> __call__
>     return self.__send(self.__name, args)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py", line 1578, in __request
>
>     verbose=self.__verbose
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ldtp/client.py", line 184, in
> request
>     raise LdtpExecutionError(e.faultString.encode('utf-8'))
> ldtp.client_exception.LdtpExecutionError: Unable to find window "*Browser"
>
>    and "guiexist()" test result is also 0
>   generally speaking, what are the reasons for this error? can anyone give
> me some hint? thanks!

I guess, accessibility wasn't set. Can you please try getwindowlist() ? If
it returns empty list, then for sure your accessibility is not enabled, you
need to enabled and re-login.

Thanks
Nagappan

Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
Cobra - Windows GUI Automation tool - https://github.com/ldtp/cobra
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com