[LDTP-Dev] Windows Vistat : getWindownList OK, but guiExist KO.

Nagappan Alagappan nagappan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 09:21:16 PDT 2012

Hi Philippe,

I guess the API syntax you are using is incorrect, you have to use this
[1], rather than [2].

Same applies to waitTillGuiExist. Not sure, why it waits for infinite, as
the default wait time is 30 seconds.

Thanks
Nagappan

[1] -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/javadoc/com/cobra/ldtp/Ldtp.html#guiExist()
[2] -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org/javadoc/com/cobra/ldtp/Ldtp.html#guiExist(java.lang.String)

On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 3:55 PM, phlinux <philippe.legay at keynectis.com>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am new with Ldtp, but the tools seems to be very interresting. I am
> working on windows (seven) with Java.
> I do a getWindowsList() : OK. From this list, I get an window item.
> guiExist() will return false for this item,
> but getObjectList on this item is OK. The documentation "How to enable the
> accessibility" explains what to do for Gnome, not for Windows.
>
> In fact, in real life, the list[1] windows will not present at start time,
> but few seconds later. So I need to wait for this windows. But if exist
> does
> not work, when the windows is here, this will explain why the
> waiTilGuiExist does not work.
>
> I do not understand why list, access are OK, but exist fails.
>
> Have you ideas, pointers, solutions ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ==== The code ======
>
>        Ldtp l = new Ldtp("frmWebDriver - Windows Internet Explorer") ;
>
>        list = l.getWindowList() ;
>        for (int i = 0 ; i < list.length ; i ++) {
> System.out.println("Windowlist ["+i+"] = "+list[i]) ; }
>
> === Output ===
> Windowlist [0] = frmWebDriver - Windows Internet Explorer
> Windowlist [1] = dlgWindows Security
> Windowlist [2] = pane
> Windowlist [3] = pane0
> ==============
>
>        System.out.println("Exist "+l.guiExist("*"+list[1]+"*")) ;
> === Output ===
> 0
> ===============
>
>        Ldtp certif = new Ldtp(list[1]) ;
>        list = certif.getObjectList() ;
>        for (int i = 0 ; i < list.length ; i ++) {
> System.out.println("Object ["+i+"] = "+list[i]) ; }
>
> === Output ===
> Object [0] = paneWindowsSecurity
> Object [1] = pane1
> Object [2] = btnOK

Cross platform GUI testing
Linux Desktop (GUI Application) Testing Project -
http://ldtp.freedesktop.org
Cobra - Windows GUI Automation tool - https://github.com/ldtp/cobra
ATOMac - Mac GUI Automation tool - https://github.com/pyatom/pyatom
http://nagappanal.blogspot.com