[LDTP-Dev] Windows Vistat : getWindownList OK, but guiExist KO.

phlinux philippe.legay at keynectis.com
Mon Oct 22 11:01:27 PDT 2012

Hi Nagappan,

By compiling the sources, I can do some debug and my understanding is
better.

 list = l.getWindowList() ; => Give a list of windows
 list = certif.getObjectList() ; => give a list of objects for a window

I think I have a full misunderstanding of the guiExist() primitive, because
now I can see the error :
Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
   at
UIAutomationClient.IUIAutomationElement.GetCurrentPropertyValueEx(Int32
propertyId, Int32 ignoreDefaultValue)
   at
System.Windows.Automation.AutomationElement.GetCurrentPropertyValue(AutomationProperty
property, Boolean ignoreDefaultValue)
   at
System.Windows.Automation.AutomationElement.GetCurrentPropertyValue(AutomationProperty
property)
   at
System.Windows.Automation.AutomationElement.GetPropertyValue(AutomationProperty
property, Boolean cached)
   at
System.Windows.Automation.AutomationElement.AutomationElementInformation.get_Name()
   at Ldtpd.Utils.GetWindowHandle(String windowName, Boolean waitForObj,
Control Type[] type) in C:\Users\no_admin\GIT_LDTP\cobra\Ldtpd\Utils.cs:line
443

So "guiExist si to test property, not to check if a windows is on the
screen".