[Libdlo] First xorg driver and udlfb 2.1

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Wed Jun 3 03:53:06 PDT 2009

Il giorno mar, 02/06/2009 alle 22.38 +0100, Phil Endecott ha scritto:
> Roberto De Ioris wrote:
> > Hi all, i am pleased to announce the release of the first xorg driver
> > for displaylink devices.
>
> Fantastic!
>

> It all compiled smoothly and works perfectly for me.  The performance
> is quite respectable on the small mimo screen.
>
> Does anyone know how to make X auto-add screens? (e.g. with the help of
> udev and HAL)
>
> I haven't tried xinerama yet.  I would probably be more interested in
> using it as a separate (output-only?) display; I'll have to investigate
> how to do that.

you can configure it as independent screen (zaphod mode ?) putting the
xinerama option (and obviously the "clone" one) off.

You will have two independent screen but with shared input devices.

> > As the kernel module, the xorg driver is under the GPL2
>
> Have you considered using the X license?

I am not a license expert (i have always used gpl and bsd), but if its a
requirement to include this driver in the xorg tree, i will obviously
change it.

Now i am testing the EXA acceleration (i will probably release it in the
week end) and performance are a lot better (most of all thanks to copy
acceleration)

--
Roberto De Ioris