[Libdlo] Fix for udlfb

Dan dan at pod51.demon.co.uk
Thu Jun 11 13:57:51 PDT 2009

Roberto De Ioris wrote:
> Sorry i did not understand, are you using a 32bit dso in a 64bit
> executable ?? You have to recompile the code for 64bit to use on a
> 64bit environment

I ran './configure', then 'sudo make install' on my 64 bit CentOS box.
To get this to work I had to run 'sudo yum install xorg\*' to have the
necessary xorg development environment. I perhaps naively assumed this
would build the correct object for the current environment.

This resulted in

/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/displaylink_drv.so

being created.

The xorg.conf file in the README looks for the module 'displaylink'
instead of 'displaylink_drv' am I missing something here? If I change
this file to look for 'displaylink_drv' it seems to get further. The
problem however is that the xserver is looking for:

/usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers/displaylink_drv.so

And if I copy the created shared object to that location, the X server
complains that it is invalid - possibly because it is 32bit instead of
64bit but that's a complete guess.

Do you know how to get the correct .so created in the right place?

best regards,

P.S. Amazing work by the way!

Dan.