[Libdlo] Fix for udlfb

Roberto De Ioris roberto at unbit.it
Thu Jun 11 13:38:04 PDT 2009

> Hi,
>
> May I suggest the following change for udlfb? The current code says:
>
>     dev_info->backing_buffer = kzalloc(dev_info->screen_size, GFP_KERNEL);
>
>     if (!dev_info->backing_buffer)
>         printk("non posso allocare il backing buffer\n");
>
> I can't see any need for contiguous physical memory, and at least on my
CentOS 64 bit box this fails and results in a complete crash. I think
the following would be better:

>     dev_info->backing_buffer = vmalloc(dev_info->screen_size);
>
>     if (!dev_info->backing_buffer) {
>         printk("non posso allocare il backing buffer\n");
>         goto out0;
>     }

Yes, there is no need, i will fix it, thanks.

> The xorg driver also seems to fail on 64 bit - the module gets put into
the standard (32bit) module store, and copying it ot the 64bit xorg
driver store results in a big complaint from the X server. Oh, and the
driver that is built is called displaylink_drv.so, whereas the xorg.conf
in the README seems to want just displaylink. Am I missing something?

Sorry i did not understand, are you using a 32bit dso in a 64bit
executable ???
You have to recompile the code for 64bit to use on a 64bit environment.

--
Roberto De Ioris