[Libdlo] Getting semi-decoded MPEG data?

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Wed Feb 10 03:48:38 PST 2010

Hello everyone,

I've tried asking this question on the ffmpeg list several times, but I
didn't get any useful answer, so I'll try it here again.

I'm thinking about using the bitblt functions of the DL-1xx chips to
speed up MPEG/H264/whatever decoding by doing the block transformations
on the device. For this to work, I'd need the decoded macroblocks, but
not the finished picture. Does anybody know any software which can
deliver this data?

Follow-up question: how does Xv/XVMC/VAAPI/VDPAU handle this? Would it
be possible to integrate such functionality into the Xorg driver and
expose it as one of the standard acceleration APIs?

Florian
--
0666 - Filemode of the Beast