[Libdlo] what displaylink device should i buy and what steps are still needed?

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Tue Jun 29 05:38:25 PDT 2010

On 22-06-10 09:48, Jelle de Jong wrote:
> Jelle de Jong wrote, on 21-06-10 12:35:
>> I want to connect a Samsung 2343BW 23" 2048x1152 LCD trough my HP mini
>> GNU/Linux Debian laptop.

I received my diplaylink device today:

new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 7
device descriptor read/64, error -32
New USB device found, idVendor=17e9, idProduct=024c
New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
Product: SUNWEIT USB Display
Manufacturer: DisplayLink
SerialNumber: 00000000-000157

However I am confused what driver/code I should use:
http://libdlo.freedesktop.org/wiki/

http://people.freedesktop.org/~berniet/libdlo-0.1.2.tar.gz
or
http://projects.unbit.it/downloads/displaylink-mod-0.3.tar.gz
or
http://projects.unbit.it/downloads/udlfb-0.2.3_and_xf86-video-displaylink-0.3.tar.gz

I want to be able to attach the usb displaylink device, then attache my
dvi monitor, then run xrandr to setup the monitor. What driver should I
use for this?

Thanks in advance,

With kind regards,

Jelle de Jong