Maximum QMI request size?

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Aug 24 04:48:09 PDT 2012

Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> writes:

> Did anyone ever see a definite QMI message size specification? The
> qmi_wwan driver currently uses 512 bytes, but I do not remember where I
> got that from...
[..]
> But it would nice to quote a reference when making this change.
> Changing one arbitrary number for another arbitrary number looks bad.

I think I'm going to set it to 4096 for now, referring to the

  #define DEFAULT_READ_URB_LENGTH 0x1000

found in the CodeAurora driver. E.g. here:
http://cgit.collabora.com/git/chromiumos-kernel.git/plain/chromeos/drivers/gobi/QCUSBNet2k/Structs.h

That driver does not preallocate the write buffer, but I believe using
the same value for both read and write makes sense given that the
protocol design is symmetric