[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Report Submission Assistant

Rainer Bielefeld LibreOffice at bielefeldundbuss.de
Mon Aug 29 02:46:53 PDT 2011

Hello,

for a long time new users criticized that Bugzilla is difficult to find
and that the Bugzilla User Interface is not very intuitive. The result
is that quality of bug reports is not optimum, what handicaps working
with Bugzilla for QA. Queries are not reliable, it's not easy to find
duplicates or related bugs.

Now there is a chance for a great improvement. Loic Dachary started some
first investigations and demos for our own LibO-Bugzilla user interface,
what should ease bug reporting significantly.

Some first results of that activity you find on
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Incubator#Bug_Submission_Assistant>
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Easy_Hacks>
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Submission_Assistant>
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Submission_Assistant_-_ToDo>

Thanks to Loic starting this initiative, I hope he will get some
assistance here so that the ambitious goal to have that assistant
available for public use with LibO 3.5

All reviews of the results should lead to some kind of "wish list" on
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Submission_Assistant> an
<http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Submission_Assistant_-_ToDo>
what will be the base for the programming.

I hopefully await your contributions,

kind regards

Rainer