[Libreoffice-qa] Updating Litmus testing organization.

Yifan Jiang yfjiang at suse.com
Thu Nov 3 00:42:45 PDT 2011

Hi Petr,

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 10:38:28AM +0200, Petr Mladek wrote:
> Great change. It helps to split the test cases for the
> language-independent functionality and test cases that need to be run in
> every localization. It saves resources and allows us to do more complex
> testing.

Thanks for the encouragement :)

> > The English version is still there because we also need to provide a
> > "synchronizing center" to share information between different
> > languages. Ideally it is preferrable to have an English version of cases for
> > each language specific test cases, so that QA who knows English can be
> > enlighten when he/she creates test cases in his/her own language. Naturally,
> > it is easy to figure out the test cases in English group will not be added
> > into any test runs since they are supposed to be only usable in L10N
> > environment.
>
> In fact, we should run English version as well. We want to check, for
> example, English spell checker, templates, typos in strings, optional
> help content ;-)

I see, ye, it would be more clear if we define the L10N branch as a language
dependent branch and the function test branch as a langauge independent
branch. I'll update the branch name when I write the wiki page :)

> >Current Progress of Updating
> > =============================
>
> > While I didn't remove any old cases at the moment, they are all
> > currently in
> > "Branch Master L10N Regression Test", since some of the test cases are
> > re-usable and just there waiting for updating. I just do not have
> > enough knowledge to update all of them :)
>
> Many people do not read documentation. They just follow what they see. I
> suggest to remove test cases that were moved to "Function Regression
> Test" branch. If you are not comfortable with removing them, you might
> temporary move them to a branch called "obsolete" or "bin" :-)
>
> Also, it would be great if authors of the existing test cases could help
> to clean up the rest.

Tracing this thread for days, since no objection, from today I am going to
remove/update duplicated test cases in L10N branch. Any furthur concerns, it's
never too late to let me know :) Thank you!

Best wishes,
Yifan