[Libreoffice-qa] Bug Submission Assistant : status report

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Sat Sep 17 05:28:58 PDT 2011

Hi Loic, all!

Am Samstag, den 17.09.2011, 01:02 +0200 schrieb Loic Dachary:
> On 09/17/2011 12:39 AM, Christoph Noack wrote:
[...]
> > Currently, the "real" BSA workflow is missing - so what is the baseline
> > to work on at the moment?
> I need to freeze the current implementation behavior to complete it, otherwise I won't have enough time.

Okay.

> > Or do we need to develop it based on one of
> > the existing specifications?
> >
> There should be a single specification or at least a bullet list of things to do with priorities. I semi-arbitrarily decided from all the items at http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Bug_Submission_Assistant#Specifications what's in the current iteration of the Bug Submission Assistant and it's far from optimal. I'm not the best judge of what should be done first.

Okay, then this needs to be done ... personally I think that Rainer and
other QA experts are much more involved here. I can offer some review
whether I think (can't prove, but...) users will understand it well
enough. Until then, I stick with the behavior you outlined in the
current prototype ... as you said above.

Rainer, would that be okay?

> > Tomorrow, I'll try to work on the attachments stuff and the thank you
> > page - anything missing or urgent? Rest of the time might be needed for
> > family and other LibO ...
> From my (technical ;-) point of view, the urgent problem I'll be
> facing is creating the images necessary for the CSS/HTML integration
> from the layered source delivered by the web designer. I may need help
> with that because I'm not very skilled with gimp. But it highly
> depends on the file delivered by the designer. The rest will be needed
> for the next implementation round and I therefore see no urgency.

Okay, I think pinging Ivan is the best way to do this, since he kindly
offered some help here ... the most important thing to him is to know a)
that its ready, b) where the get the sources from, and c) what elements
need to be available for the first version of the BSA.

Cheers,
Christoph