[Libreoffice-qa] LibreOffice QA call 2012-03-09 15:00 UTC

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Wed Mar 7 04:04:12 PST 2012

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 09:55:10AM +0100, Cor Nouws wrote:
> I have some explicit ideas on some of the items.
> Should we attempt to exchange those before the meeting, or at least
> mention them (briefly)?

In general, just mention a new topic as a oneliner to add to the agenda. If its
something specific and detailed I would propose to add the text to the wiki add
add the link to the agenda. Feel free to do so so for this call, although I
fear with this being a first call we already have more than enough as-is, so
dont be angry, if things get postponed to a later call.

> Obviously QA work is not the same as development work, and maybe
> people also (partly) step in from a different perspective. Thus a
> one-to-one copy of the approach, that is so successful at the
> developer side, will not do.

gentoo and debian are just two successful example projects that are
volunteer-only and do not do too much core development themselves -- indeed
they do mostly release engineering and QA. And of course, we will simply copy
LibreOffice development. As the examples show, QA can be volunteer-based and
self-sustained -- independant of development.

Best,

Bjoern