[Libreoffice-qa] Another suggestion for LibO developers

M Henri Day mhenriday at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 14:16:04 CET 2014

​Kudos on the release of ​
​version 4.2.0.4, which my Linux Mint PPA kindly installed on my main box
yesterday. My first impression is hugely positive....

Reading more or less contemporaneously a *Nature Methods* editorial
entitled ​
​*Kick the Bar Chart Habit*​
​ (
http://www.nature.com/nmeth/journal/v11/n2/full/nmeth.2837.html?WT.ec_id=NMETH-201402),
I was struck by the following sentence : «This is often a box plot, but
software packages such as Excel do not provide this plotting option».​
​ My question is - would it be difficult to provide such an option in Calc
? LibreOffice is often accused of simply attempting to catch up to MS
Office ; perhaps including a feature like the forenamed could help to
change minds and to put it on quite a few computers used in writing
scientific articles ​
?
​...

(The editorial points to a web tool (
http://www.nature.com/nmeth/journal/v11/n2/full/nmeth.2811.html?WT.ec_id=NMETH-201402)
for creating box plots, but I'm certain many users would love to have the
option to keep the machinery on their own computer....)​

​Henri​