[Libreoffice-qa] Proposed mass bug change

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 13:33:14 CET 2014

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 9:40 PM, Joel Madero <jmadero.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree that ideally we would go from RESOLVED - FIXED --> VERIFIED
> FIXED -> CLOSED but our team I don't think is quite big enough yet to
> accomplish this.
> Thoughts?

For now, I generally reserve 'VERIFIED FIXED' as something that OP may
set. Given the differences in hardware, OS, and other software (and
the inevitable interactions between them), I'm reticent to 'verify' a
fix unless I'm either the bug reporter or I'm in close contact with
him and have gotten word that he is satisfied with the
patch/resolution.

But I'm quite open to changes in how we use these terms :-)

> My suggestion is we hold off until we have our own bug
> tracker and continue to encourage more people to join QA - as it grows
> we can tackle these large double checks and closes.

+1

For now, there are indeed bigger fish that need our attention.

Cheers,
--R