[Libreoffice-qa] Backtrace on Linux

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 6 15:57:00 PDT 2014

Hi Jay, *,

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 7:40 PM, Jay Philips <philipz85 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> So that means it not possible to debug on linux unless its master, which
> is a 1gb download,

Well - if you want full debug info, then yes, either build yourself or
use the builds by the bot - as they are huge, and building on linux
isn't that hard, I don't really expect many people to use them.

> or else me compiling an official release with
> --enable-debug. If so, then i think the instructions on the backtrace
> debugging on linux on the wiki may need to be modified <

--enable-debug isn't needed. symbols are enough (and the
--enable-symbols switch doesn't change program logic, doesn't enable
additional assertions/checks that the --enable-debug switch does)

And usually when building yourself, you don't build the whole
LibreOffice with debug info - just building the module you're working
on in debug mode is enough.

ciao
Christian