[Libreoffice-qa] QA and QA Analyst - from Timur

Florian Effenberger floeff at documentfoundation.org
Thu Nov 17 15:26:02 UTC 2022

Hello Timur,

Timur Gadzo wrote on 16.11.22 at 13:40:

> Along my LO time, I saw many folks coming and some disapearring
> (wondering why). Now I was faced with that, I decided to send this
> message, to explain why it makes no sense for me to be in QA team
> anymore (1).

I am really sorry to hear about this, and I am sorry that you are
disappointed.

I am thankful for all the work you have done over the past years. Job
decisions are often tough. We have one role to fill and many applicants,
so whoever does not get the role will be unhappy - sitting "on the other
side of the table" in job interviews is quite a challenge, especially
when community members apply.

It was me sharing the outcome with you. We know each other for a while -
I think we first met personally in Tirana in 2018 - so it was important
for me to talk to you personally about the decision.

So, please let's not drag others into this - neither Xisco nor the
chosen candidate have done anything wrong. Especially for the candidate,
who just started their role, I would like to have a warm and welcoming
environment and not make them feel bad.

I will not share more details of the call you and me had, but of course,
if there's a need for further clarification, I am available for a call
anytime.

Thanks again for your work, and sorry you are unhappy with the outcome
of the job posting,
Florian

Tel: +49 30 5557992-50 | Mail: floeff at documentfoundation.org