[Libreoffice-qa] QA Weekly Focus: RTL

Stéphane Guillou stephane.guillou at libreoffice.org
Tue Dec 5 08:13:44 UTC 2023

On 05/12/2023 00:01, Eyal Rozenberg wrote:

> On 04/12/2023 21:43, Stéphane Guillou wrote:
>> You can also look for issues that mention "RTL" but are not categorised
>> as such. They might need a relevant meta bug number added to the
>> "Blocks" field: https://link.infini.fr/rtl
>
> Done with all of those, no need to bother.
>
> The remaining 7 items on that list are:
>
> * Related to the runtime library, shorthand-named rtl
> * Higher-level than just RTL, and blocking the Languages meta-bug
> * The RTL meta-bug itself.

Thanks Eyal, much appreciated!
>>   * RTL issues on the Wiki: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/RTL_Bugs
>
> This one is out-of-data - help is appreciated in bringing it in line
> with updates over the past several years. You may be interested in my
> 2022 presentation about the state of RTL, which is itself a bit outdated
> already: https://t.ly/MoHF_ (mind the underscore).

Yes, edits on this page are welcome.

I think the list of fixed bugs is a bit of an un-maintainable section,
so would replace it with links to Bugzilla, if no one objects to it?

Regarding your presentation, linking to it on that page (along with
Lior's 2017 one[1]) would be great. Any other relevant presentation,
please do add a link.

[1]:
https://conference.libreoffice.org/assets/Conference/Rome/LibreOffice-RTL-support-status-2017.pdf

--
Stéphane Guillou
Quality Assurance Analyst | The Document Foundation

Email: stephane.guillou at libreoffice.org
Matrix: @stragu:matrix.org
Fediverse: @stragu at mastodon.indie.host
Web: https://stragu.gitlab.io/