[Libreoffice-ux-advise] The behavior of a mouse wheel in the print dialog

Christoph Noack christoph at dogmatux.com
Thu Nov 24 12:23:07 PST 2011

Hi Ivan,

nice to see you here as well :-)

Am Donnerstag, den 24.11.2011, 22:30 +0400 schrieb Ivan Timofeev:
> Hi there,
>
> in the print dialog a mouse wheel can be used to change preview page.
> That's cool, but... Why this was implemented so that when I turn wheel
> forward (i.e. from myself, I don't know the correct English term for
> this action), then there is a scroll to last page? The normal behavior
> is inverse, I think. I could change this. What do you think?

Very good catch! You are right, the usual behavior is quite the
opposite.

I don't know the kind of implementation, but maybe the number field is
the source of the problem? In such number fields (if you have
spin-buttons), the action "upwards = increase" and "downwards =
decrease".

I'd say its definitively an improvement ... thanks!!!

Cheers,
Christoph