[Libreoffice-ux-advise] The behavior of a mouse wheel in the print dialog

Ivan Timofeev timofeev.i.s at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 09:40:40 PST 2011

Hi Christoph,

2011/11/25 Christoph Noack <christoph at dogmatux.com>:
> Very good catch! You are right, the usual behavior is quite the
> opposite.
>
> I don't know the kind of implementation, but maybe the number field is
> the source of the problem? In such number fields (if you have
> spin-buttons), the action "upwards = increase" and "downwards =
> decrease".

aha! Now I realize why the mouse wheel handling behavior is so (put me
right if I am wrong) - it is just to be consistent with the number
field! In addition, not only the field and the preview handle a mouse
wheel, but *all* area except the tabbed pages on the right. So, users
will never be confused when they simultaneously turn a mouse wheel and
move a mouse through the number field. Mouse wheel will work
everywhere equally. May be it would be better if we would handle a
mouse wheel only if a cursor is over the preview?

Regards,
    Ivan