[Libreoffice-ux-advise] writer: link frames ...

Olivier Hallot olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org
Thu Oct 27 11:18:02 PDT 2011

Hi Mike

Em 27-10-2011 11:45, Michael Meeks escreveu:
> Hi guys,
>
> 	I only realised recently we have the 'link frames' feature in writer -
> which is a bit silly. The context menu for frames is sparse (by LibO
> standards), ~10 items. What do people think of adding a 'link' icon in
> there - mirroring the frame toolbar function ? [ it would be an easy
> easy hack ].

Are you talking about "previous link, next link"? If so, ok... I can
have a look into.

> 	Also - the link thing is quite annoying if you have text in a frame
> already (as often happens). Thoughts on a 2nd easy hack to simply remove
> the text, and append it to the previous frame in the chain ?

This one requires more skill than I have, but I will nevetheless look into.

> 	If these are non-controversial I'll add them as easy hacks :-)

I have one more suggestion: the same link mechanism as in writer for
frames in Draw. It will make the life of many  desktop publisher a
breeze (such as those guys who edit on-line magazines [1] ).

Is it an easy hack as well?

[1]
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/cgi_img_auth.php/9/9e/LibOMagBr_Diagramacao.zip

--
Olivier Hallot
Founder, Steering Commitee Member - The Document Foundation