[Libreoffice-ux-advise] UX: access protect/unprotect sheet from sheet tab

Astron heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 10 07:43:43 PDT 2011

Hi back,

thanks, Christoph and Olivier! uno:protect is well within the upper
ten percent of functions used (9000-odd uses), so I'd say: add it (if
no one wants to defend status quo now).

And Christoph, you're right, the menu is in a bit of disarray. I think
at least part of what is causing this is the position of "Select All
Sheets".
This is a proposal how it of a structure that might be better:
-----------------------
Insert sheet...
Delete sheet...
Rename sheet...
Change Tab Color...
Protect Sheet...
Sheet events...
-----------------------
Select all sheets
-----------------------
Cut
Copy
Paste

Basically, it's sorted like this:
# sheet-specific events (I know "insert" is not really specific to
this particular sheet): first the basics, then customisation
# one all-sheets event
# finally: Cut/Copy/Paste, as usual in LibO.
And note that I've changed the tab colour entry to include a verb
(because most of the other entries already include one).

Regards,

Astron.