[Libreoffice-ux-advise] Mass changes to Impress animations - related to fdo#41572

Michel Renon michel.renon at free.fr
Fri May 3 03:51:58 PDT 2013

Hi Janit,

Le 01/05/2013 18:16, Janit Anjaria a écrit :
> Hey Michel!
> It is great that you have added something to the wiki page.I will have a
> look at it,and it would be great if you can provide me with guidance on
> the UI part so i can give the best possible result to the community
> under Thorsten's help and your help as well on the UI Part.

As the UX is not defined/validated, it may be difficult for me to give
precise clues.

But here are some general suggestions :
- you can look at how LibreOffice handles the Tasks "Panel" :
     - how to add a panel
     - how to hide/disable a panel
     - how to handle widgets in a panel (create, handle events...)

- for the "Custom Animation" panel
     - how does it behaves internally ? ie write documentation about it.
     I wrote nothing about it in my basic feedback [1], but it seems to
me that there are some bugs (ex : some bizarre feedback when you change
order of elements).
     You  may learn *a lot* and it'll be essential for every future
change. Years ago, I had to start a project with a framework (MacApp2).
I spent severals days reading code from the framework to understand the
general architecture. It was an incredible way of learning : when I
started coding, most of basic ideas where already integrated.

Cheers,
Michel

[1]
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/User:Michelr#Impress_4.0_:_urgent_bugs_and_enhancements