[Libreoffice] Script to find undocumented classes

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Dec 3 06:04:55 PST 2010

Hi Miklos, Thorsten,

On 2010-12-03 at 13:11 +0100, Miklos Vajna wrote:

> > I find it surprising me actually saying this, but - for the while, I
> > think this would be crossing the line of solving a social problem
> > by technical means. ;)
>
> Additionally I'm not aware of a method to tell doxygen to check just a
> part of a file. And issuing a warning about 'class Foo is not
> documented' just because someone touched class Bar in the same file is
> indeed incorrect. ;)

That's why I highlighted that this would be done only with _new_ files,
ie. the files that have have been git add'ed, and did not exist in the
repository before.  And we can further limit that only to .hxx/.h.

As to the crossing the line - the first time it won't let you commit,
and you'll be angry, the second time it won't let you commit, and you'll
just fix that, and the third time you'll comment just naturally, and
won't even hit the check :-)  This worked with the warnings about how to
structure the git commit logs [do you ever hit the hook that the 2nd
line in the commit log should be empty?], so I don't see why it
shouldn't work in this case ;-)

Regards,
Kendy