[Libreoffice] Script to find undocumented classes

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Fri Dec 3 06:11:49 PST 2010

Hi Wol,

On 2010-12-03 at 13:43 +0000, Wols Lists wrote:

> >> I find it surprising me actually saying this, but - for the while, I
> >> think this would be crossing the line of solving a social problem
> >> by technical means. ;)
> > Additionally I'm not aware of a method to tell doxygen to check just a
> > part of a file. And issuing a warning about 'class Foo is not
> > documented' just because someone touched class Bar in the same file is
> > indeed incorrect. ;)
> >
> I keep seeing all this stuff about Doxygen :-) I'm a bit of a newbie at
> this :-) so might it not be a good idea, on the wiki under development,
> to put a very basic page about doxygen with pointers to more detailed stuff?

The hook can directly point to a page how to do it right ;-)  Basically,
instead of doing

class Foo {
    int ugh;
};

you'd do:

/**
This class implements access to your low level Foo machinery.

It is to be used by This and That.  [and probably some description of
the pitfalls, if any]
*/
class Foo {
    int ugh;
};

and you'd be done, the hook would be happy.  Of course, special bonus
would be for

    /// File descriptor of the Foo machinery.
    int ugh;

Or did we actually not reached even this level of agreement? ;-)

Regards,
Kendy