[Libreoffice] binfilter and features...

Pierre-André Jacquod pjacquod at alumni.ethz.ch
Sat Dec 4 07:43:45 PST 2010

Hi,
currently trying to reduce the number of warning coming from binfilter,
I found quite a lot functions like:
func(var x)
{}
or
func(var x)
{ ASSERT ("lksd")
}.
sometimes
func (var x)
{return false}

Would someone mind if I track down the call of such functions, remove
the calls and at the end remove the function? This would reduce and
simplified the codebase, also more efficient (less function calls) and -
I hope - a smaller LibO.

Of course, these functions are marker, but intend someone really to
developp binfilter ?

Which make me think: as new feature, for the next LibO release after
3.3, could it be that StarOffice file format are not supported any more,
at least in writing modus?. Reading files would open it in read only,
trying to save would produce a warning like "this old format is
deprecated, please save in a new one". Maybe the same for the old OOo
format?

Or do you intend to drop this in a quicker way?

Just for feed-back.
regards