[Libreoffice] Comments on RC1

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Mon Dec 6 11:14:27 PST 2010

On 06/12/10 18:49, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> Is that really a argument now that most people use broadband? Should we
> really care about those wo don't (and downlaod a new version every few
> months?)
What about those people who *C*an't use broadband?

Okay, I wouldn't call 2Mb slow, but we still have plenty of people in
Britain who either can't get broadband or are on basic old ADSL. I
regularly pick up on people in the American boondocks who moan that they
can't get broadband. etc etc.

I'm not in favour of us restricting ourselves "for the sake of those
without broadband", but if we *consider* them, we are likely to end up
with a better product. You know, bloat bloat bloat ... being efficient
for the sake of efficiency really *does* have something going for it :-)

Cheers,
Wol