[Libreoffice] v2 of the configure.in/scp2 patch to allow selecting themes

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 9 04:43:10 PST 2010

Hi Sebastian, *,

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Sebastian Spaeth <Sebastian at sspaeth.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 13:20:08 +0100, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>> I'd prefer if those would only be set in scp2 module when those are
>> actually used, and not globally.
>
> Sorry, for this my build system foo of LibO is too limited and *I* am
> not capable of just creating defines in a single module. This means
> touching dmake files, I would think. Something that I have vowed to
> avoid at any cost :). So patches and help for that appreciated.

.IF $(environmentvariable) == "value"
CDEFS+=-DFOO
.ENDIF

Something like that, it's not harder than that and scp surely already
includes stuff like that :-)

>> --enable is a bad choice for options that accept multiple values IMHO.
>> For multiple argument style ones, I'd prefer --with options..
> From the autoconf doc:
> -------------------------
>  If a software package has optional compile-time features, the
>  user can give `configure' command line options to specify
>  whether to compile them. The options have one of these forms:
>
>     --enable-FEATURE[=ARG]

ARG, not ARGS

It's --enable-feature, or --disable-feature.
i.e. on or off basically. Whereas the with ones are those that accept
multiple arguments, expect one even, but well, it is not code that is
compiled, so the reference to internal features or stuff from external
packages doesn't fit. It's my opinion only of course as well...

ciao
Christian