[Libreoffice] Defective equation setter in LibreOffice (and OpenOffice)

Octavio Alvarez alvarezp at alvarezp.ods.org
Tue Dec 21 10:57:27 PST 2010

On Tue, 21 Dec 2010 08:17:58 -0800, RSClymo <clymo at rsjc.net> wrote:

> In the hope that you may be able to fix this long-standing problem I
> attach a document showing what the problem is.

I took your document, exported it to PDF using Go-oo 3.2.1, opened it
up using Evince and xpdf and it was rendered correctly. Using Ubuntu
10.04.

I *do* notice, however, that selecting the equation text messes it
up. Unselecting it makes it ok back again. This, though, might be
a problem of the renderers.

Quoting from your document:
> I can see no consistent relation between the unicode bit codes of
> what is intended and what prints or converts to .pdf.

If you change the font of your equation to Dingbats, the (6), the
finger and the dagger, match.

So I would say there is a font mismatch / replacement issue somewhere,
either in LibO or the renderer. Or maybe installing some font can
help (which one, I don't know).