[Libreoffice] Suggestion for Windows building

Julien Nabet serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Wed Dec 22 11:57:14 PST 2010

Hello,

I compile LO on Linux but I have a notebook in dualboot with Windows
Vista. I'd like to compile on Windows Vista with all the possible
modules (Mozilla, NSS, directx, etc.).
I read this :
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Native_Build
and of course this :
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Windows_Build_Dependencies

my repository is in :
c:\git\libo
Here the problems I had (and still have ! :-) ) :
1) Mozilla : after having put the mozilla zips and the contents of the
zips in several directories. I read the help in config that talks about
an installer on ftp.mozilla.org.
I used this after having tried what was in the wiki. Then after having
put this :
./autogen.sh --with-mozilla-build=/cygdrive/c/mozilla-build I had this :
Building Seamonkey is supported with Mocrisoft Visual Studio 2005 only
I've got only Visual Express 2008.
I changed the configuration file, but i had other errors, i gave up and
used : --disable-mozilla

2) mesa headers not found.
I installed all the packages (bin and sources) except demo proposed by
cygwin. I searched on Google, nothing.
Then I added --without-system-mesa-headers

3) directX
DirectX SDK files not found, pleas use --with-direct-home or
-disable-directx
I installed DirectX and tried by giving the path (/cygdrive/c/program\
files/Microsoft\ DirectX\ SDK\ \(June\ 2010\)
or with the short name /cygdrive/c/Progra~1/MI7482~1/
I added with "lib" at the end, nothing
Then I added --disable-directx

4) junit
I installed junit4 on Windows, the test install of Junit works.
I've got this :
cannot find JUnit 4 jar; please install one in the default location
(/usr/share/java)
So I copied junit.jar of my Windows install in a the new directory I
created in Cygwin : /usr/share/java

Now it's ok with :
NSIS not found, no self contained installer will be build.

If anybody who knows the whole process for Windows would have some time
to give details in the wiki, it would be great !
If this person has little time, just give some hints please ! :-)

Julien.