[Libreoffice] [Easy Hacks] Creating OUString

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Dec 22 13:05:16 PST 2010

On Wed, 2010-12-22 at 20:14 +0100, Guillaume Poussel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have had a look on the "Use RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM macro" task.
> Lot of module have his own macro to transform an ASCII string to an
> OUString : CREATE_OUSTRING, OUSTR, UNISTRING, C2U...
>
> It should be better to use a global macro, isn't it ?

This was asked earlier as well. I guess we probably could put some
centralized macros somewhere.

And have either e.g. a single C2U for
OUString::createFromAscii(RTL_CONSTASCII_USTRINGPARAM(X)) into e.g.
comphelper/inc/comphelper/string.hxx or someplace similar and ditch the
rest of the them and use ::createFromAscii() directly for the non-const
string cases.

Or have two of them, e.g. CC2U/NC2U for const/non-const. I think I'd
prefer a single one for const strings, and have no macro for the
non-consts. But I'm not really exercised one way or the other.

C.