[Libreoffice] Decrease installer size by 1 MB for each language

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Nov 1 05:45:37 PDT 2010

Hi Kami,

On Mon, 2010-11-01 at 12:17 +0100, Kálmán „KAMI” Szalai wrote:
> I would like to consulate related to topic. I found that every wizards'
> bitmap enclosed for every language however it has no language dependent
> bitmaps in it.

	:-) This is a beautiful patch.

>  My suggestion to remove language dependency, so we can
> save around 1 MB of every installer. I created two patches however they
> are POC. Lets discuss it, then I finalize this fix.

	Please do push it ! we really need to shrink the overall size of the
installer.

> components/wizards
> extras/extras/source/templates/wizard/bitmap
> scp2

> Also some of bitmaps may be removable.

	Right - we should also remove the

> Thank you for advance!

	Thank you ! awesome work; if you look in build/doc/l10n.txt we have a
plan around l10n to shrink the combined installer size some more -
particularly the area of wizards is a huge space waster for no good
reason.

	Possibly we want to move the packaging of the entire wizard fluff into
the "Help" package for each language (at least until we can fully fix
the size issues) - but this work is a great start !

	Thanks,

		Michael.