[Libreoffice] Mac OS X Build

Eric Hoch eric_openoffice at gmx.de
Fri Oct 8 01:55:36 PDT 2010

Hi Tor,
Am Fri, 08 Oct 2010 02:20:42 -0600 schrieb Tor Lillqvist:
>>> On my 10.6.4 machine, I had to install the following to get
>>> things to build:
> [ a long list of packages ]
>
> That is presumably using a git checkout, intending to start with
> running ./autogen.sh then?
>
>> I just remember that the last time I
>> build a pre OOo 3.2.0 I was able to checkout the sources and build
>> it without ccache being the only additional software I installed.
>
> While that was possibly from a tarball, or at least using a
> pre-generated configure script, so no autoconf at least was
> needed?
>
> So you are comparing somewhat dissimilar situations here.

Could be that I compare somewhat dissimilar situations here.

I'm just a simple end-user that ought to build OOo on the Mac and
took care that the OS X build instructions weren't totally out of
date, which over the past year or so, sort of happened but it was
due to a lack of time on my site and now I'm trying to catch up
again. In no ways I'm a coder.

For OOo I installed the then most recent XCode, which includes a
compiler, developer tools for GUI and various other related stuff,
installed Mecury (or was it svn) and cache, both not coming with
Mac OS X nor XCode, did a hg checkout of the most current milestone
OOO320_m16, ran a ./configure and no complaints about missing a
library or binary occurred. So yes no autoconf was needed.

If I'm not wrong OS X comes with autoconf, which imo should be used
unless it's like in the case of gnu-cp vs cp were (mac/bsd-)cp uses
the -R in a different manner to the -r in gnu-cp.

Eric

--
## de.OpenOffice.org - Office für MacOS X, Linux, Solaris & Windows
## Openoffice.org - ich steck mit drin!