[Libreoffice] file name glob filter (was: Re: Order of filters in the Open dialog)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Apr 5 04:02:10 PDT 2011

Hi Kevin,

On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 12:52 -0400, Kevin Hunter wrote:
> In a similar vein, I would love for a "*.EXT" functionality, where I
> don't have to click on the filters, but could type in to the location

	Ho hum; that starts to do quite some violence to the platform-specific
file-selector dialogs; doing interactive changes to the filter logic
while the user types is likely to make the behaviour of these things
even worse than it is now ;-)

	So - in general, I'd rather prefer to see that feature in the platform
file-selectors (personally), and perhaps (if anyone at all uses it), in
the built-in LO selector.

	Nice feature idea though; be great to see it Gtk+, KDE etc.

	ATB,

		Michael.