[Libreoffice] childs -> children

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 8 00:41:58 PST 2011

Hi Tor, Mike,

> And what about German comments like "wird gesetzt, wenn
> RequestingChilds keine Childs gestzt hat" , is the word "Childs"
> really English there? Or just an English loan-word but written
> according to German rules (i.e. with initial capital), and inflected
> according to German rules?

Hm, while I think it is unnecessary to replace "childs" with
"children" in German comments (we have to translate these later anyway
and the translator hopefully knows the correct plural of "child"), I
wouldn't say "childs" is an actual loan-word, I think the original
commenter just wanted to use the English word, because it also appears
in the code.
Btw: the particular comment you (Tor) refer to translates to "Is set
if RequestingChilds hasn't set any children."

However, there are examples, where the "s" in "childs" is a genitive "s", as in:
-            // Setzen des Childs, ueber Referenz, um die PagePos zu erhalten
+            // Setzen des Children, ueber Referenz, um die PagePos zu erhalten

or

-            // Position des Childs nach Verschieben anpassen
+            // Position des Children nach Verschieben anpassen

In these cases, Mike's edits are nonsense and convert a single "Child"
into multiple "Children."

Regards,

Astron.