[Libreoffice] Should the Thesaurus/mythes use a precomputed index (installer file size)

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Tue Feb 1 04:40:09 PST 2011

>> 3. In Cygwin shell, the autogen failed with an odd error related to
>> Native programs and symlinks.  I got past this by doing the following:
>>     cd /bin
>>     rm /usr/bin/awk
>> 	cp /usr/bin/gawk.exe awk.exe
>> 	cp /usr/bin/gzip.exe gunzip.exe
>
> 	Urk; I guess we should try to patch/fix our autogen.sh to work more
> nicely - or is this unavoidable ?

I am not sure This is said to be necessary is because those Cygwin programs are run also by non-Cygwin programs during the build processs, which wouldn't work if they were Cygwin symlinks. But I don't know what those programs that run awk and gunzip would be; dmake certainly is built as a Cygwin program. (And the Cygwin (GNU) Make that we eventually will switch to of course also is.) It might be an obsolete requirement by now.

Perhaps you could experiment by making them symlinks again and see what, if anything, actually fails? (Bypassing the check for them being symlinks in configure.in.)

--tml