[Libreoffice] Remove old Word 6.0/95 "save as" support

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Feb 2 12:44:44 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 13:00 -0500, Kevin Hunter wrote:
> Perhaps tangentially (or not at all related), does anyone know if any of
> the plugins rely on particular file format export capabilities?
> Specifically, I just read this from three days ago, and noted a
> reference to the StarBasic engine and Anaphraseus:

StarBasic is the programming language built-into Libo/OOo, there is no
connection to any specific file format export capabilities.

A quick read of that thread suggests that the major problem with the
extension is the configmgr rewrite (which is the same in Libo 3.3 and
OOo 3.3) causing it to be more strict about the xml used in various
extensions config files, this afflicts a lot of extensions, but afflicts
both apps equally. If the xml is fixed, the extensions work.

> Is StarBasic engine a different beast from the various StarOffice
>  export/import filters?

Completely unrelated, and anyway the tweak to disable saving in the
<= StarOffice 5 binary file format isn't done in 3.3.0

C.